I am a big fan of porridge for its taste and health benefits. However, in the warmer months, eating a steaming bowl of anything doesn’t sound so tempting. Overnight oats gives you the tastiness and healthiness of a bowl of porridge, but without the hot! The other great part is you can add a variety of toppings, meaning you’ll never be bored.
I first saw this on a post from Lauren Conrad’s blog.
There are various recipes out there but this is how I do it…
My way of overnight oating…
- Put 40g oats in a bowl
- Add three tablespoons of Greek yoghurt and stir well.
- Add a splash of milk – you should end up with a consistency that’s easy to stir but not too ‘liquidy’.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and stir.
- Cover bowl with cling film, pop in the fridge and leave overnight.
- Uncover in morning, add toppings and voila!